The Vale Hospital is home to the best orthopaedic consultant surgeons in South Wales, serving Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan, and the surrounding areas.
Our specialist consultants provide the following orthopaedic specialties:
- Hip surgery - including primary hip replacement, revision hip replacement, hip re-surfacing, hip arthroscopy
- Knee surgery - including total knee replacement, meniscal repair, ACL/PCL repair, knee arthroscopy
- Shoulder surgery - shoulder replacement, including rotator cuff repair, subacromial decompression
- Foot & Ankle surgery - ankle arthroscopy, ligament repair, ankle fusion, bunion surgery
- Hand & Wrist surgery - including carpal tunnel surgery, ganglion removal, trigger finger surgery
Our team of orthopaedic consultants work with colleagues within Vale Healthcare’s Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan locations to facilitate your assessment and treatment. This includes Radiologists and Physiotherapists / rehabilitation specialists.
Vale Healthcare’s Orthopaedic surgeons treat a full range of orthopaedic injuiries and conditions including:
- Sporting injuries in elite and recreational athletes
- Arthritis in people of all ages
- Joint and tendon repair
- Primary and revision joint surgery
- Arthroscopic investigations and treatment
- Children’s Orthopaedic services
- Spinal pain and problems
Find out more about the range of Orthopaedic services available at The Vale Hospital near Cardiff, and our Orthopaedic Consultants...
- Hip Consultants - Mr Phil Thomas, Mr Steve Jones, Mr Khitish Mohanty, Mr Alun John, Mr Ajay Sharma, Mr Tim Owen
- Knee Consultants - Mr David Pemberton, Mr Chris Wilson, Mr Rhys Williams, Mr Glenn Clewer, Mr Tim Owen
- Shoulder Consultants - Mr Geoff Graham, Mr Rhys Williams, Mr Ajay Sharma
- Foot & Ankle Consultants - Mr Rhys Thomas, Mr Sandeep Hemmadi
- Hand & Wrist Consultant - Mr Dave Shrewing, Mr Glenn Clewer, Mr Dean Boyce
Vale Healthcare is proud to be the official medical services provider to the Ospreys rugby team, work in association with the Sports Council for Wales, and provide medical services for the 2010 Ryder Cup.
Exceptional care, expertly delivered in Wales' most advanced private hospital.