Facilities & Services
The Vale Hospital (located just 15 minutes from Cardiff city centre) provides an extensive range of private hospital facilities, services, and clinics including Orthopaedics, Spinal, Cosmetics, Weight Loss Surgery, General surgery, and many more. Our consultants are experts in their specialist fields, and are supported by experienced and caring nursing staff and health professionals. Located in beautiful South Wales countryside just outside Cardiff, The Vale Hospital is the private hospital of choice for South Wales.
At The Vale Hospital we have multi-disciplinary teams working around the clock to provide you with the very best medical care. Our consultants and staff work closely together to ensure that your journey from assessment through to treatment is as smooth as possible.
The services within our specialty clinics include:
Consultation appointments take places at both the Vale Hospital, and the Cardiff Bay Clinic. The location of any consultation will depend on which site your consultant practices from, with some consultants choosing to run clinics from both sites.
Both The Vale Hospital and Cardiff Bay Clinic have operating theatres for surgical treatments and procedures.
The Vale Hospital: Home to two digital operating theatres with laminar flow. Custom made and installed by Smith & Nephew, our state of the art theatres are the most advanced Smith & Nephew theatres in mainland UK, and facilitate a full range of major and minor procedures including total knee and hip replacements, shoulder surgery, spinal surgery including scoliosis treatment, cosmetic surgery and treatments, and many other specialty surgical services. Further services at The Vale Hospital include...
- Two major digital operating theatres
- 25 private bedrooms with en-suite
- Two high dependency beds (HDU)
- Accessible bedrooms and purpose built parent and child bedroom
- 6 consulting rooms
- Diagnostic imaging facilities including Ultrasound and X-ray
- Restaurant headed by French chef Stephane Trinci
- In-patient physiotherapy team
Cardiff Bay Clinic: Day-case surgical procedures including orthopaedic arthroscopies, cataract surgery, hand surgery, colorectal and gastroenterological investigations and treatment, and spinal injections. Further services at The Vale Hospital include...
- 7 consultant rooms including specialist cardiology testing facilities
- Day case theatre and recovery
- Endoscopy theatre and recovery
- Diagnostic imaging facilities including MRI, Ultrasounds, X-ray, Fluoroscopy, Mammography, and Breast MRI
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation services